iHeartMedia Associate Analytics Engineer in Virtual, New York
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
As an Associate Analytics Engineer you will derive insights from our massive data sets. You will be responsible for extracting, transforming, reporting, and visualizing data generated by marketers on digital advertising platforms including social. Working with the Technology, Product, Sales and Marketing teams
You will drive the reports that enable customers to learn what works and what doesn’t in digital and social marketing.
Candidates that will enjoy and succeed in this position will probably agree with most of these statements:
● You prefer solving problems via critical thinking rather than following a formal specification,
judging success by user acceptance and delight.
● You believe that one of the most rewarding elements of engineering is seeing the look on
someone’s face when you deliver a solution that gives them hours of their work week back.
● You are a self-starter who loves working with large scale sets of data and can handle multiple
projects at a time.
● You appreciate the benefits of a relaxed, but high-performing work environment.
● You love the Pandas Python framework and wonder how much time you wasted doing that stuff
yourself before you learned how to use it.
● You think SQL is underrated.
● You’re pretty good at Excel, but you think doing the same thing in “real” code is way better.
● You’re not a Data Scientist (yet), but you respect them, like working with them, and think that you
could possibly become one someday.
What you’ll do:
● Lead projects under the direction of the VP of the Professional Services & Analytics Engineering
● Generate reports and analytics using Python and the Pandas framework
● Build a variety of reports and visualizations to present data and generate insights from disparate
sources of data, including relational and NoSQL databases, REST APIs, and flat files.
● Assist in estimating prospective projects.
Need to have:
● Minimum of three years of Python programming (this position requires coding skills).
● Minimum of three years of data skills, including fetching, munging, cleaning, pivoting, analyzing,
aggregating, distributing, and visualizing.
● Demonstrated mastery of SQL basics and appropriate utilization of Front End and Back End SQL
● Self-starter attitude, willing to solve problems without direction while still escalating when
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering background
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.