iHeartMedia News Operations Support in Virtual, Connecticut
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Serves as basic news activities coordinator.
• Provides On-Air Talent with stories, audios, comedy clips, jokes, news, etc., for preparing for daily shows.
• Provides logistical planning and insight to upcoming events, special programs and/or elements to be included in news coverage.
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content that acts as a tip sheet for On-Air Talent.
• Scans various websites, newspapers, magazines, social media, online content and other sources for latest information on celebrities, entertainment, news events, music, current events, weather etc., in order to collect information for posting on “prep services” websites.
• Posts information onto websites for viewing.
• May specialize in certain formats appropriate to coverage area demographics, e.g., country music, comedy, breaking events, celebrities’ news.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com at https://iheartmedia.com/ to learn more about us.