iHeartMedia Traffic Producer - Reporter in Syracuse, New York
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Creates program content and manages the whole production process for both live and recorded radio programs
• Undertakes key administrative responsibilities in producing live and/or pre-recorded traffic reports.
• Generates real time traffic content for multiple markets. Maintains accurate, real time traffic database for multiple markets.
• Researches information, obtains reliable sources for real time traffic data.
• Monitors cameras and scanners to collect real time traffic information.
• Works in collaboration with other producers and anchors to ensure accurate traffic information is disseminated.
• Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences; has comprehensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific radio genres
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills; ability to tailor and adapt content for different audiences and platforms
• Knowledgeable of the radio market, different station/program styles, audience demographics
• Knows how to use a variety of recording equipment and to operate different radio studios
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• Ability to build rapport and draw information from people
• Can coach and develop others
• Has confidence and tenacity to pursue information, overcome obstacles and pitch ideas to senior colleagues
• Stress tolerance: ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, multi task and meet tight deadlines
• Full knowledge of the law, rules and industry regulations around radio production; knows when it is necessary, and how to acquire, relevant clearances and licenses
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• 3+ years’ experience as Radio Producer and/or Assistant in a smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Radio or Media Production
• None required
Syracuse, NY: 500 Plum St, Suite 100 and 400, 13204
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com at https://iheartmedia.com/ to learn more about us.