iHeartMedia Traffic Producer/Reporter - Part-Time in St. Louis, Missouri
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Provides accurate, useful, and timely traffic information to commuters by utilizing external sources and inputting into data system. Voices on-air reports to provide accurate, useful, and timely traffic information to commuters.
• Provides accurate, useful, and timely traffic information to commuters by utilizing external sources and inputting into data system. Sources may include but are not limited to cameras, police scanners, tip-line phone calls, roadway sensors, DOT websites, emails, Twitter, and more.
• Voices on-air reports to provide accurate, useful, and timely traffic information to commuters via a wide range of radio stations.
• Announces the latest incidents and delays, commercials, and public service messages to listeners from a variety of intake sources. Canvasses local, state, and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information; keeps facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current, and tracks any changes.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material, and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Delivers coverage for multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines to provide constantly up-to-date traffic information.
• Flexibility in work schedules is crucial, as TTWN is a 24/7 operation.
• Ability to understand and interpret map data, including flows and directions of travel.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Pleasant, charismatic, and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation.
• Strong computer skills, proficiency in audio production software, and familiarity with social networking platforms.
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy, and patience.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to plan and organize, set priorities, and multitask.
• Confidence and tenacity to build rapport in order to pursue information, overcome obstacles, and draw information from people.
• Ability to handle stress, work calmly and effectively under pressure, and react quickly to changes.
• Knowledge of geography and roadways within the local coverage area, including general traffic patterns and mass transit, is preferred.
• Ability to regularly work weekend, evening, and holiday hours is crucial.
• Previous experience as a radio producer, reporter, and/or assistant is helpful but not required.
• College degree or certificate preferred. Fields of study including communications, radio, media production, or broadcast journalism are a plus.
• None required.
St. Louis, MO: 1001 Highlands Plaza Drive West, Suite 200, 63110
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, podcast, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx