iHeartMedia Engineering Tech Support in Seattle, Washington
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Technical Director/Engineering support for a top rated Premiere Networks/iHeartMedia radio show based in Seattle, WA. This standard full-time position requires being hands on in the studio located in Seattle. Please note this is NOT a remote job position.
• Maintaining various types of electronic equipment for optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance with scalability, performance and reliability including but not limited to, T1's, Comrex units, voice processors, mixers, etc.
• Assists the talent, immediate show staff, & clients when needed as it relates to all studio tech equipment being utilized.
• Tests and diagnoses studio electronics and equipment also organizes repair or replacement when required.
• Responds promptly to client needs; troubleshoots problems to ascertain issue and develops solutions in a timely manner.
• Implements planned maintenance support (e.g. installs tools, applies upgrades, etc.) as a preventative/precautionary measure.
• Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications with the Premiere Networks lead Engineering team.
• Implementation & installation of any new tech equipment as needed.
• Handling basic IT related issues that arise as it effects the show & staff.
• Maintains internal tools used by the department and records repairs, calibrations and tests.
• May be asked to assist in the actual producing of show if/when needed for vacation fill, sick time, etc.
• Working at least one weekend day is highly likely, as well as occasional on-call duties.
• Can gather and analyze information skillfully
• Experience with the following components: Nexgen, Voxpro, GSelector, Adobe Audition, & WAN- LAN connections
• Understanding and working knowledge of the internet
• Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skills
• Independence; ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
• Stress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and diverse situations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to develop, read and interpret technical documentation
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates; can edit work for spelling and grammar
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in general radio broadcast technology
• Radio background a must
• AA, or BA degree in Communications, Computer Science, Technology and/or equivalent experience
• None required
Seattle, WA: 645 Elliott Avenue West, Suite 400, 98119
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.