iHeartMedia Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Jelli, a subsidiary of iHeartMedia) in San Mateo, California
Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Jelli, a subsidiary of iHeartMedia)
San Mateo, CA
Jelli is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the first global audio advertising platform.
For us to succeed in this mission, we need solid people that are not afraid of tackling tough problems. Large data sets, distributed systems, real-time partner integrations to name a few.
In this role, you’ll be called upon to develop a deep understanding of the business objective, design a system that meets current and future needs and implement it in a scalable way. You’ll do this as part of a team that collaborates closely with product managers and designers.
As a key stakeholder in the team, you will be given as much ownership as you can handle to get the job done. The more you can take on, the better. We’re looking for people that want to stretch and grow, so don’t be afraid if you’re not fully there yet.
Our infrastructure is geared towards Continuous Delivery, the code you develop can be deployed and released in minutes. Automated tests on many levels ensures that we are releasing solid code. You’ll contribute ideas and strategies to ensure we deliver value fast.
- The culture and values
- Tight knit teams that value teamwork, collaboration, and doing the right thing
- A stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks, and endless beverages to keep you fueled and well-fed
- Foosball and ping pong tables to keep it fun
- Our SaaS applications are powered by Ember.js on the front end, and Java EE 8 on the back end
- We utilize Amazon AWS infrastructure to host our application servers (Java, Python) and database server (MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
What you'll do on an average day
- Design and implement components and APIs using Java, MySQL, non-relational databases and AWS services.
- Collaborate with product, design and operations in a fast paced and iterative process; translate ideas and requirements into design and code.
- Invent and build algorithms to solve scheduling and optimization problems.
- Collect, analyze and act on data to constantly improve performance, stability, operability and usability of our products.
- Ensuring that we develop to best standards while achieving our business goals.
- 8+ years experience building SaaS services
- Expert knowledge in Java
- Experience in C++
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with rapid release cycles and/or continuous deployment
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, etc..)
- Master or Bachelors degree in CS or related
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.