iHeartMedia TV Mobile Traffic Reporter - (Washington DC) in Rockville, Maryland
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Drives around the greater Washington DC area providing on-camera eyewitness traffic information
• Will work primarily out of a DC-area TV station.
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to the on-camera anchor by observing traffic from a land vehicle and monitoring external sources of information.
• Helps to manage gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• Controls in-vehicle cameras to ensure video provides a clear and descriptive picture of the delay/incident being discussed.
• Maintains deadlines in order to provide traffic info to the on-camera anchor in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Opportunity exists to work fill-in and weekend on-air traffic shifts from our Rockville, MD, operations center.
• Previous on-camera experience, preferably in the area of traffic reporting
• Knowledgeable with greater Washington DC coverage area, geography and roadways, and traffic patterns
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Excellent communication skills with a proficiency in describing what is being seen in real time
• Strong attention to detail; coordinating travel with the on-camera anchor to ensure high-priority incidents can be covered as consistently as possible
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take direction from the on-camera anchor as necessary
• 2+ years’ experience as a traffic producer or anchor in a large or medium market
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx