iHeartMedia News Writer/Anchor in Phoenix, Arizona
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Employee will write content for national wire service . This includes summaries for local markets as assigned and the production of news audio. Employee may also anchor newscasts. Position includes general newsroom responsibilities. This could be an overnight position or may include weekends, holidays and odd shifts. Please take that into account if you apply.
• News/writer, anchor
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content (text and audio) for wire service.
• Anchors national and local newscasts as assigned.
• General newsroom responsibilities.
• Three-plus years of news/journalism experience
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 400, 85008
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.