iHeartMedia 24/7 News - Sports Writer (full-time) in Phoenix, Arizona
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
24/7 news is looking for a fulltime sport writer to create and produce content (text and audio) for multiple stations and affiliates. Please note this is a Sunday through Thursday night position.
• Plans, writes, researches and edits content for anchors
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software
• Maintains crucial deadlines to provide sports stories in a timely fashion
• Repackages content for sportscasts
• May prepare written content for social media platforms and wire service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 400, 85008
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.