iHeartMedia On Air Talent - Miami / Fort Lauderdale in Pembroke Pines, Florida
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
The audio revolution is here – and iHeart is leading it! From broadcast radio to digital streaming radio to podcasting, audio continues to grow – and iHeart, which reaches 90% of Americans every month, is the #1 audio company in America across every one of those platforms. We’re the home of many of the country’s most popular and trusted on-air personalities and podcast influencers; we build important connections with hundreds of communities across America; we create and produce some of the most popular and well-known branded live music events in America; and we have the only complete audio ad technology stack in the industry for all forms of audio, from on demand to broadcast radio, digital streaming radio and podcasting. Only one company in America has the #1 position in everything audio: iHeartMedia.
If you’re excited about this role but don’t feel your experience aligns perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At iHeartMedia we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace and are looking for teammates passionate about what we do!
What We Need:
Total Traffic & Weather Network (TTWN) has an immediate opening for a Part Time Traffic Anchor & Producer in the Miami Fort-Lauderdale area!
This position includes reporting traffic on a variety of TV and Radio Stations at our new Pembroke Pines Studios, producing traffic data into our GPS and Navigation Apps, dispatching our helicopter, and flying in and operating our helicopter camera (Photog).
Our ideal candidate is outgoing, self-motivated, detail oriented, and flexible. You will work in a fast-paced, challenging, and friendly environment.
* In addition to applying please send an MP3 demo or link to and online Demo to TTWNMiamiJobs@TTWNetwork.com *
What You'll Do:
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, as well as to those already en route by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials, and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• Gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May be required to report live on location from helicopters, to paint a visual picture (bird's eye view) by looking out of helicopter window.
• Gather information from local traffic resources including our TTWN Helicopter, and post to websites and social media including, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and more.
• Requires flexibility in work schedules including, split shifts, holidays, weekends, early mornings, late evenings, storm coverage and more.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
• Traffic experience including a working knowledge of major Florida cities Including Miami, Fort-Lauderdale, West Palm Beach & Orlando is preferred.
• Pleasant, charismatic, and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, newsroom environment.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of police scanners, a plus
• Bilingual talents are a plus and encouraged to apply, please send a demo of all your proficient languages .
What You'll Bring:
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Full proficiency and understanding of job function
Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
Strong problem solving skills
Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Pembroke Pines, FL: 1200 SW 145th Ave, Suite 350, 33027
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (https://www.e-verify.gov/employees) to learn about E-Verify.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.