iHeartMedia Production Manager/Air Talent - Akron, OH in North Canton, Ohio
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Commercial Production Manager/Air talent.
• Assists in the creation of radio advertising and station promotions by providing administrative project or process support to department managers or staff.
• Executes general department administrative duties including ordering office supplies, sorting mail, making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings, etc.
• Prepares and reports on research and data analysis projects.
• Interacts with company personnel at all organizational levels.
• May research stories and book guests.
• May edit audio segments.
• May be required to coordinate activities between departments and/or outside parties.
• Delivers newscasts; announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sport scores, statistics and upcoming game information.
• Comments on music and other matters of interest to audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and may interview musical personalities and members of listening audience.
• Typically specializes in one type of music (e.g. classical, pop, rock, country and western, etc.).
• Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
• Participates in promotional events.
• May be responsible for operating control board for studios and remote programming.
• May directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and basic audio production tools
• Ability to learn new systems quickly
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar
• Strong editorial skills including use of radio automation systems; ability to edit audio for clarity and time
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities
• Serious attention to detail, ability to multi task, juggle demanding deadlines, and work across departments
• Stress tolerance especially under pressure and with tight deadlines
• Effective collaborator with multiple levels within an organization
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and social networking
• May require selling skills
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 2+ years’ experience in radio production, broadcast and/or communications
• 1-2 years’ experience as an announcer in smaller market or college station environment
North Canton, OH: 7755 Freedom Avenue, 44720
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, podcast, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx