iHeartMedia Product Manager, Smart Speaker & Voice Products in New York, New York
Product Manager, Smart Speaker & Voice Products
New York, NY
Products and Programming
iHeartRadio is seeking an experienced product manager to be part of the team dreaming up the next generation of iHeartRadio voice products. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor brainstorming new possibilities to delight users and extend the brand further into the voice space, and then getting your hands dirty as you figure out how to make these products a reality.
This product manager blends product know-how with technical understanding and a creative eye for building engaging user experiences. You are familiar with existing voice assistants and are constantly thinking about how they fit into everyday routines. You are excited by the possibilities inherent in new technologies and discover evolving best practices through trial and error. You make decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data, with a bit of your gut as well. The person in this role will be passionate about delivering innovative customer-focused products across various platforms, constantly measuring progress and looking to improve.
- Exploring the bounds of voice assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant, etc) and are familiar with basic capabilities and limitations across platforms.
- Creating voice interaction models that produce frictionless, engaging experiences for both headed and headless devices
- Defining seamless user flows that encourage cross-platform use
- Connecting backend data to front-end systems in scalable ways that can benefit products for voice and beyond.
- Prioritizing acquisition, retention, and engagement triggers and features across platforms.
- Pouring over internal and external data to help shape decisions.
- Partnering with teams across multiple disciplines, including engineering, analytics, data science, and design, to continually push your product forward in an iterative manner.
- Taking an ambiguous idea and turning it into a plan of action with a target set of KPIs.
- Uncovering what users want and need in voice interactions.
- Working in rapidly-evolving environment
- 4+ years experience in product management, business analyst, or similar role. Experience creating voice products, a huge plus.
- Demonstrated success managing and improving existing products by shipping increments in an agile environment
- Experience working with remote teams and/or external development partners
- Strong written and verbal skills to clearly and effectively communicate with technical partners, peers, and executive management alike
- A sense of urgency and a drive to exceed expectations while maintaining a sense of humor
- Curiosity that drives you to see what others don’t
iHeartRadio is now the number one commercial podcast publisher globally! We connect fans with their favorite music and radio by offering users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist, and the top podcasts and personalities. We have continued to build on our position as the only major multi-platform audio company, with a reach extending across more than 250 platforms, 2,000 different connected devices, and 135 million registered users. Most recently we acquired Jelli (our technology platform for targeted advertisements) as well as Stuff Media (owner of How Stuff Works content). Outside of the U.S., we are in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and Mexico!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.