iHeartMedia Account Executive (Training Program) in New York, New York
KATZ Media Group
Account Executive – Katz Radio Group (Training program)
After intense training program will serve as a liaison between client stations, customers, advertising agencies, and media buying services.
Interested in candidates in the following locations: New York, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Atlanta
• Engages in a series of transactional duties such as brokering deals and executing price points for market share, as well as developing and negotiating new business revenue and client generation while focusing on retaining and growing existing customer base.
• Determine what types of advertising strategies would help clients reach target audiences efficiently while still keeping within their advertising budget.
• Establishes relationships with several different media agencies – large and small.
• Identifies potential problems with client accounts’ placement and recommends solutions to agencies on a continuing basis.
• Contacts station associates and obtains rate quotes to convey to the agencies.
• Negotiates deal terms to satisfy both parties to the deal.
• Communicates all components of sales to key stakeholders.
• Pursues vertical and horizontal penetration of assigned advertisers and ad agencies to maximize exposure for Sales division’s clients and their online assets and events.
• Highlights the benefit of marketplace via positioning and pre-selling of opportunities.
• Research business, financials, products/services, and markets of clients and their competition.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Strong client service relationship-building skills
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar
• Independent, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, competitive, assertive, goal-oriented
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and persuasion skills
• Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
• Flexibility and creativity • Strong interpersonal skills Demonstrated ability to generate new business and to understand the sales cycle: prospecting, buying behaviors, negotiations for a win-win outcome, overcoming objections and closing
• Any sales experience preferred – advertising a plus
• 4-year college degree preferred
New York, NY: 125 West 55th Street, 10019
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (https://https://www.e-verify.gov/employees) to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here (https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf) to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) t o apply and search by the Job Posting Title.