iHeartMedia Social Media Assistant in Nashville, Tennessee
Social Media Assistant
Products and Programming
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
We are looking for a creative Social Media Assistant to manage and maintain regular posting schedule of content and editorial pieces across iHeartRadio local station social media accounts. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Senior Digital Director to execute the day-to-day programs that grow engagement, brand recognition, and brand affinity, and ultimately drive listenership and revenue. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the best practices of existing and emerging social networks.
- The position requires urgency, curiosity, creativity and the ability to collaborate with a team. The role requires a person with excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Manage and maintain regular posting schedule of content and editorial pieces across iHeartRadio local station social media accounts
- Develop dynamic content for posting on all designated social media outlets
- Create and write social copy for social posts and artist programs
- Develop strategies to increase the following and engagement for our iHeartRadio social accounts
- Coordinate with various departments
- Perform general administrative duties for the department
- Respond to music and pop culture events and use those opportunities to introduce new fans to the iHeartRadio ecosystem
- Track social media influence measurements
- Minimum of one-year experience with social media or digital marketing. Past experience in entertainment or music space preferred
- Knowledge of social networking platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest, Reddit, TikTok, etc.
- Superior and persuasive communication skills, including the ability to proofread
- Possess a balance of creativity with good analytical skills
- Ability to work quickly and shift gears on a dime
- A healthy appetite for music, pop culture and entertainment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications or Journalism is preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.