iHeartMedia Part-Time News Reporter in Latham, New York
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Prepares and broadcasts news coverage.
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May specialize in a particular field of news broadcasting (e.g. political, traffic, finance or military).
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 3+ years’ experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree preferred.
• None required
Latham, NY: 1203 Troy/Schenectady Road, 12110
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.