iHeartMedia News Reporter in Hyannis, Massachusetts
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Prepares and broadcasts news coverage and may be required to provide programming and control board support to On-Air Talent in emergency situations.
Responsibilities for News Reporter
• Gathers and verifies factual information through interviews, observation and research.
• Monitors sources for breaking news, e.g., wires and social media.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• Identifies technical equipment and resource requirements for recording interviews and other audio material.
• May produce features and interviews as assigned.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• May, at times of sickness or emergency operates control board for on-air studios and remote programming.
Qualifications for News Reporter
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Flexibility in work schedule, which may include evenings, overnight, weekends and filling in during sickness or vacation
Work Experience for News Reporter
• Experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
Education for News Reporter
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications, or equivalent experience
Hyannis, MA: 154 Barnstable Road, 02601
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx