iHeartMedia Board Operator in Des Moines, Iowa
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Provides programming and control board support for live and network shows on WHO-AM, KNXO-AM, and on KASI-AM (Ames).
iHeartMedia/Des Moines has immediate openings for Board Operators at Iowa's best radio stations!
We’re looking for talented people who will embrace our tools and training to grow their professional talents and learn how to entertain and engage with our audiences.
Past personnel in this role have gone on to become highly successful radio personalities in a variety of roles and formats.
• Operates audio console and our digital on-air system for local and network shows, sporting events, as well as news and talk programming.
• Creation of engaging digital and social media content for our target audiences.
• Also working studio, network, and remote programming as assigned.
• Regulates program timing, operates live and syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air audio and digital production, programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Ability to learn operation of NexGEN digital on-air system, and Adobe Audition for audio editing.
• Must demonstrate strong ability for time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Available shifts include weekday mornings, weeknights, with at least one weekend shift required!
• Available for additional shifts as needed
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight time frames and multiple demands
• Must have a passion for flawless execution
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training is preferred
Des Moines, IA: 2141 Grand Ave, 50312
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, podcast, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx