iHeartMedia Traffic Producer - Part-Time in Chicago, Illinois
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Provides traffic information to commuters by utilizing external sources and inputting into data system.
• Provides accurate, useful, and timely traffic information to commuters by utilizing external sources and inputting into data system. Sources may include but are not limited to cameras, police scanners, tip-line phone calls, roadway sensors, DOT websites, emails, Twitter, and more.
• Delivers coverage for multiple cities/locations from the hub market.
• Maintains crucial deadlines to provide constantly up-to-date traffic information.
• Flexibility in work schedules is crucial, as TTWN is a 24/7 operation.
• Ability to understand and interpret map data, including flows and directions of travel.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with social networking platforms.
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment.
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy, and patience.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to plan and organize, set priorities, and multitask.
• Confidence and tenacity to build rapport in order to pursue information, overcome obstacles, and draw information from people.
• Ability to handle stress, work calmly and effectively under pressure, and react quickly to changes.
• Knowledge of geography and roadways within the local coverage area, including general traffic patterns and mass transit, is preferred.
• Ability to regularly work weekend, evening/overnight, and holiday hours is crucial.
• Previous experience as a radio producer and/or assistant is helpful but not required.
• College degree or certificate preferred. Fields of study including communications, radio, media production, or broadcast journalism are a plus.
• None required.
Chicago, IL: 161 N. Clark, 13th Floor, 60601
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com at https://iheartmedia.com/ to learn more about us.