iHeartMedia Podcast Executive Producer in Atlanta, Georgia
Guides the development of assigned podcasts. Has input and can make changes to the delivery of podcast content. May act as a host on assigned podcasts. Delegates duties and show assignments for Supervising Producers and Producers. Manages show budgets and communicates needs with talent and other departments.
We’re looking for a production juggernaut: someone who’s comfortable listening to a ton of tape and stitching the gems together into cohesive and addictive shows. The job is super hands on and you’ll manage hosts, shape stories, book guests, prep and outsource research, and work with a team to create sparkling audio. You’ll record in both studio and the field, and you’ll often take the first pass at shaping the story and mixing a recording. This is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an editorial-first shop that promises enormous reach and potential. We’re a small team in a large company, which means exciting work—and a lot of it.
A typical week will include working on a number of shows in various stages of production. You should be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, growth-minded, and comfortable working in both a team and independently. You’ll have an eye for finding a compelling angle for any given subject, and an ability to tell a story both conversationally and creatively. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems—doing whatever is needed to get the job done—is essential.
You should have:
· Minimum 5-8 years professional audio production experience
· Guide development of assigned podcasts
· Provide input and changing the delivery of podcast content
· Delegating duties and show assignments for Supervising Producers and Producers
· Manage show budgets and communicating needs with talent and other departments
· Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and a track record of turning around audio on a tight deadline
· Ability to script and edit character-driven narrative, with an inclination to push boundaries and innovate
· Comfortable coaching a host through an interview
· Work with the Sales Department to package and present shows to potential sponsors
· Work with the Marketing team as needed to create a suite of assets to promote shows
· Proficiency in audio mixing
· Proficiency with studio and field recording equipment and hardware
· Ability to work in Adobe Audition, as well as Apple OS and related software
· Knowledge of sound recording and ability to troubleshoot in studio and field environments
· Creativity to make the most of limited resources
· Eagerness to take direction and grow in the position
· Efficiency and grace under tight deadlines
Atlanta, GA: 675 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Suite 4500, 30308
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
Company provided and supplemental life insurance
Paid vacation and sick time
Paid company holidays, including floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
A 401K plan with matching contributions (matching currently suspended)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for benefit eligible employees and all household members at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here (https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf) to learn about the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.