iHeartMedia Part-Time Traffic Producer & Reporter in Atlanta, Georgia
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Gather and report traffic information on affiliated stations in Atlanta region. Part-time position, weekdays 3 to 7 PM. Must live in Atlanta area, and be familiar with local roadways.
• Gathers regional Atlanta traffic information and enter details into internal computer and web systems.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic hold-ups on affiliated broadcast stations.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information; keeps all facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current, and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient with basic computer skills such as keyboard input
• Knowledgeable of local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• No relocation services offered
• Previous on-air broadcast experience required
• 4-year college degree preferred but not required
• None required
Atlanta, GA: 1819 Peachtree Road NE, Suites: 210, 605, 700, 30309
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com at https://iheartmedia.com/ to learn more about us.