iHeartMedia Part-Time Traffic Producer & Reporter in Atlanta, Georgia
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Gathers and enters traffic information into internal systems and delivers traffic reports on multiple stations in Atlanta region.
• Gathers regional Atlanta traffic information and enter details into internal computer and web systems.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic hold-ups on affiliated broadcast stations.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information; keeps all facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current, and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Proficient with basic computer skills such as keyboard input
• Knowledgeable of local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to work split shifts; 4 hours in AM Drive, 4 hours in PM Drive
• Must be willing to work weekends.
• No relocation services offered
• Previous on-air broadcast experience preferred but not required
• 4-year college degree preferred but not required
• None required
Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
Full proficiency and understanding of job function
Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
Strong problem solving skills
Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Atlanta, GA: 1255 Makers Way, Suite A, 30318
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options (employees meeting ACA measurement)
A 401K plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here (http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx) to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here (https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld) to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – we specialize in radio, digital, social, podcasts, influencers, data, and events across the nation and provide premier opportunities for advertisers.
Visit iHeartMedia.com to learn more about us.