iHeartMedia FT News Anchor in Atlanta, Georgia
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
News anchor for the Georgia News Network. Position will anchor for Georgia, along with multiple markets in the Southeast. Position will also write content for a national wire service.
• Plans, writes, edits, and voices news broadcasts.
• Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide news stories in a timely fashion.
• Repackages content from producers and field reporters for newscasts.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• Extensive on-air experience required.
• Must be able to function in a fast paced news environment, delivering multiple newscasts for several markets each hour.
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking platforms
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledgeable and up-to-date with local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of subjects/events related to on-air topics
• Solid journalism skills needed, employee will also write content for wire service.
• Experience with newsroom operating systems and technology used to put newscasts together.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Well-rounded communication skills for conducting interviews
• Strong attention to detail
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• five + years’ experience in on-air journalism in smaller market or college station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
Atlanta, GA: 1819 Peachtree Road NE, Suites: 210, 605, 700, 30309
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, podcast, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx